Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
This is a position responsible for performing Accounts Payable functions such as comparing vendor invoices to purchase orders and initiating payments to vendors. This position is a support function within the overall finance department.
This position is responsible for collecting, comparing vendor invoices to issued purchase orders culminating in the payment of appropriate funds to suppliers.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Obtains supplier invoices, receiving documents and other supporting documentation then examines, codes appropriately, and posts to the accounting system.
- Prepares checks for printing
- Prepares hand checks as needed
- Handles all supplier A/P queries and follow up
- Coordinates and resolves with buyers all cost discrepancies and tracks using a cost discrepancy log.
- Any other tasks assigned by financial lead.
Bachelor’s or Associates Degree Preferred- preferred
Minimum 2 years AP Experience - preferred
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time