Company: FreshPoint Connecticut
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Delivery Services Coordinator is responsible for communicating and handling any issues out on the road that may be impacting service, actively monitoring and assessing FreshPoint’s RDC routing program during active dispatch, debriefing drivers upon return, and providing the Transportation Manager and Router with relevant data about the day’s routes that can be used to improve customer service levels and efficiencies. In addition, he/she will be responsible for potentially routing drivers, fielding calls from drivers, providing customer service, performing various clerical tasks, and assisting the Transportation Manager as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transfers route data for any vehicles not connected correctly
- Reassign any stops manually changed in the system by operations
- Check and review messages from drivers and communicate accordingly
- Monitors RDC program during active dispatch, correcting and assigning information as needed
- Ensure system utilization is 100%
- Maintain HOS accuracy
- Performs route debriefs with drivers as they return
- Communicates to and from the drivers; relays pertinent information to the rest of the company.
- Communicate to transportation leadership via rolled up summary poor performance as compared to plan for individual drivers
- Enforces adherence to the route plan
- Debriefs the router with information collected via route change log
- Conducts an over-lap scheduled meeting with router daily to assess and evaluate/re-evaluate the plan for the day and week
- Assists in identifying drivers that need to be targeted for performance rides by leadership
- Performs any other assigned clerical duties such as scheduling or logging
- Fill in other duties such as dispatching, routing, or receiving returning drivers as needed when personnel are off or on vacation.
- Performs invoicing functions and maintenance in the routing system as needed
- Maintains strong working relationships and ties with each driver and leader in the building
- Reviews and acts upon customer and/or driver issues with the Manager, Transportation.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule.
- Able to adapt to a flexible schedule for the needs of the business.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager, Transportation or Supervisor, Transportation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven ability to communicate articulately
- Strong head for analytics, problem solving, and asking questions to identify root causes
- Perform simple arithmetic quickly
- Familiarity with the Hartford Metropolitan area and surrounding New England states.
- Very professional when dealing with customers, team members, other members of operation, and customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Leadership skills preferred
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of computer programs and functions, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- People person - Great with people
- Ability to develop working professional relationships with others
- Capable of having difficult (constructive) conversations
- Ability to multi-task
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Transportation service industry experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years working in a transportation/warehouse environment
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer terminal effectively, as well as other office equipment.
- Must be able to perform data entry functions continuously.
Must be able to safely walk through a working warehouse environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time