Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: North Star Seafood
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
- Responsible for the final quality check prior to product being boxed.
- Responsible for the proper labeling of product according to the work order.
- Ensure proper icing of all fish orders.
- Will also assist in the salmon line run.
- Accurate completion of all work orders for Customer service.
- May assist in salmon prep, (other species prep) filleting, and line production.
- Responsible for the proper boxing, weight recording, and labeling of seafood according to work orders.
- Product knowledge-can be learned on the job.
- Attention to details.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.) preferred
- Quick and agile.
- Can perform basic mathematical functions.
- Strong logical reasoning skills.
- Can read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions.
- Must pass required company drug test and background check.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for 10- 12 hours
- Ability to stand 10-12 hours
- Ability to lift 2 oz. to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
North Star Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time