Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Payables Team Lead Provides day-to-day direction and support to the Payables Team. He/she is responsible for overseeing and ensuring timely payment processing activities, including guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation. Responsible for leading, developing, and supporting the AP staff. Accountable for achieving team service level agreement targets, as well as internal team goals. Oversee Global processing teams to ensure service levels and quality requirements are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides overall leadership and support to SBS staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating activities of accounts payable team.
- Coordinates with SBS Global and Local processing teams to ensure service levels and quality requirements are achieved.
- Ensure timely and effective completion of all AP invoice processing activities including payment dispute resolution and account reconciliations.
- Reviews and analyzes metric reports and address areas of concern
- Oversees investigation of root cause analysis and development of solutions for process improvements.
- Works closely with Service Delivery Lead to obtain final approval on all issues and reporting needs.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues, makes decisions, communicates and escalates as appropriate
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
5 years progressive, related experience in accounts payable and 2 years experience supervisory or team leader experience in leading team members
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
•Demonstrates strong knowledge of accounts payable policies and processes.
•Offers strong Analytical skills
•Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills
•Knowledgeable of accounting applications
•Offers strong analytical and issue resolution capabilities
•Microsoft Office and specialized accounting / finance software ERP Systems (i.e. workday).
•Ability to collaborate and work across functions within Sysco and with GPOs
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SBS Cypress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time