Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
For all of us at the Buckhead Meat Companies, Buckhead Pride is much more than our brand… it is how we conduct our business. We take great pride in the products we make, the farmers and packers we buy from, and the customers that we service. We are also proud of our dedicated team of professionals that are passionate about delivering quality and consistency. Buckhead has been through many milestones, including an ownership change to become part of the Sysco Corporation in 1999, but our mission has never wavered. To this day we focus on quality, treat our employees, customers and suppliers with fairness and respect, and continue to create products that represent value. Buckhead has grown to one of the largest, most reputable brands for high quality proteins in the nation, but our business will always be one built on relationships of trust...one customer at a time.
Brief role description
Assist merchandising department with transactional activities where needed.
Assist in supporting Buckhead Meat sales by addressing and resolving questions and requests in a timely manner utilizing detailed knowledge of products, systems and tools.
Acts as liaison between Buckhead Meat Sales, Buyers, and Category Management as it relates to Merchandising activities specific to poultry and seafood.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Primarily responsible for the procurement of fresh seafood and poultry.
- Assist sales with basic inquiries regarding fresh seafood and poultry categories
- Process special orders within fresh seafood and poultry categories
- Manage perishable inventory
- Coordinate all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments
- Follow up on any inaccuracies in inventory. Analysis of root causes for inventory discrepancies.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years' experience required
- Experience in purchasing, merchandising, sales and/or customer service required
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment preferred
- Strong communicator with excellent relationship-building skills across a
variety of stakeholders
- Strong Organization and time management skills
- Ability to resolve quickly, research issues, and follow up with timely communication to all key stake holders
- Ability to quickly learn understand systems to answer basic inquires without escalating
- Attention to detail with the ability to knock down obstacles in order to find solution
- Strong Excel skills preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time