Company: Sysco Los Angeles
Zip Code: 91789
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Sanitation is responsible for the cleaning, repair and preventative maintenance of the value added production areas and grounds in a timely and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee the cleaning, repair and preventative maintenance of the value added areas and grounds in a timely and efficient manner.
· Conduct regular inspections and ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the production departments
· Document the day to day maintenance and service activities of all production areas.
· Create, maintain and implement programs, emergency work orders and schedule work accordingly.
· Prioritize work orders in importance of departmental needs.
· Specify and obtain price quotes building systems to make recommendations on serviceability.
· Manage staff (including supervision of activities of all outside contractors working on premises), recruitment, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions (if applicable).
· Adhere to all safety programs, policies and procedures as defined in the Fresh Point Safe Manual.
· Assist other departments with identifying and resolving safety issues.
· Assist the Manager, Safety with third party audit preparation and corrective actions.
· Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. On-call availability.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by the Sr. VP, Operations or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· General understanding of building maintenance, refrigeration, plumbing, processing equipment, and welding accepted practices and procedures.
· Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
· Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations.
· Ability to work well with changing priorities and/or situations.
· Must be a self-start who can work well with people at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent required (related trade school/vocational degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
· Minimum of (3) three years related experience supervising others.
· Able to work in confined spaces and awkward positions.
· Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time
· Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to100 lbs.
· Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling.
· A combination of warehouse and office environments.
· Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Los Angeles is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time