Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc.
Location: US-CO-Denver, US-CO-Aurora, US-CO-Lakewood, US-CO-Broomfield, US-CO-Littleton, US-CO-Commerce City
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
This position is located in Denver, CO
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Meat Lead receives output from the production department, directs product to the appropriate pallet for shipping, manages steak pars and dates in the cooler, communicates with multiple department for shortages and time estimates, and pulls orders from inventory. The employee operates both manual and motorized pallet handling equipment to bring orders to appropriate areas for shipping.
- Trains all new hires for packaging roles
- Assigns duties and monitors packers and machine operators
- Monitors overtime daily
- Coordinates all functions of beef, lamb, veal and pork packaging
- Reviews all product specifications and inspects finished orders
- Maintains good safety program practices, and insures all employees use proper safety equipment
- Processes all employee reviews in a timely manner with President and HRBP assistance
- Reviews with maintenance supervisor, production room equipment maintenance
- Insures good housekeeping standards are always maintained
- Reviews returns, addresses errors, and trains employees accordingly, and reviews with sales manager
- Plans efficient morning start up to ensure that start-up begins on time
- Schedules and plans daily production, as well as end of day procedures/planning
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of previous, related experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent company data or files
- Bilingual preferred, English/Spanish
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Commitment to work until job is completed
- Interacts well with others. Good team player
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/priorities
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions
- Must be quick and agile
- Strong logical reasons skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices
- Results oriented
- Customerservice oriented
- Detail oriented
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Your position is directly responsible for food safety and quality. You perform functions that are an integral part of our Food Safety and Quality programs. It is essential that you always perform those duties according to all of our programs and policies . If you know that you will be missing work or not able to complete your portions of our Food Safety and Quality procedures for part/all of a day, then you need to make sure that all other personnel in your department are aware so that coverage for you can be handled appropriately. Give notice of absences as far in advance as you possibly can.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time