Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have a minimum of 1 year experience as a professional fish cutter.
• Must have working knowledge of seafood production equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to fillet and portion all types of whole fish in accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to reduce processing costs by cutting and sizing portions accurately with good yields as well as meeting customer specs.
• Clean, trim, slice, and section carcasses for future processing.
• Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
• Inspect fish products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
• Obtain and distribute specified meat or carcass.
• Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
• Remove parts, such as skin, scales or bones, from carcass.
• Separate fish and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
• Use knives, cleavers or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
• Weigh fish and tag containers for weight and contents.
• Ability to problem solve in terms of trimming and product substitutions.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule according to seasonal demands.
• GED or High School Diploma
• High-end seafood processing experience a strong plus.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, challenging environment
• Ability to provide superior customer service is a must.
• Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude.
• Language Skills- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, in English. Spanish speaking skills a strong plus.
• Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Lifting – the ability to lift over 20 lbs
• Manual Dexterity - the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Multi-limb Coordination - the ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Near Vision - the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Trunk Strength - the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without fatiguing.
• Oral Comprehension - the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Oral Expression - the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Speech Clarity - the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Speech Recognition - the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
• Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
• Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
• Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People — Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
• Assisting and Caring for Others — Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, or customers
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time