Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: International Food Group Jacksonville
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Safety Manager. This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
Please read through all Responsibilities, Qualifications and Requirements before applying.
The primary purposes of the Safety Manager position are to prevent injuries, prevent accidents, maintain compliance with applicable government programs (OSHA, DOT, EPA), and maintain compliance with applicable Sysco corporate programs. This position is based in our Jacksonville facility but is responsible for safety compliance in both Jacksonville and Plant City facilities.
- Prevent accidents and injuries – training, accident/injury investigations
- Assist in development of Preferred Work Methods (PWM) and tracking compliance with PWMs
- Assist with the floor coaching, recognition and correction of hazardous conditions, Safety Committee, and Steering Committee.
- Implementation and maintenance of applicable OSHA programs, including on-going coaching and support to operations.
- Implementation and maintenance of Emergency Preparedness (SEPP) programs.
- Implementation and maintenance of Contractor Compliance, DOT programs, EPA programs, etc.
- Support and reactive tasks for other departments – Camera system, door card system, Ammonia system, HACCP back-up, etc.
- Managing claims and the early return to work transitional duty program.
The Safety Manager must:
- Have a High School Diploma or its equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Have 3-5 years of experience with OSHA programs, hands-on warehouse safety, PIE (forklift/pallet jack) training
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Have forklift and pallet jack experience
- Have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets Sysco requirements
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize and follow through with multiple projects to completion by deadlines
- Ammonia Refrigeration certification and Smith System certification preferred
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment- Please provide accurate dates of employment for previous jobs.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
International Food Group Jacksonville is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time