Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Summary of Job Purpose:
This person is responsible for directing a team to develop and execute the Fleet Capital Planning for mobile equipment (Over-the-Road Vehicles, Mobile Material Handling Equipment, and Ancillary Support Equipment). This person will also manage strategic relationships and internal communication with suppliers and stakeholders to develop continuous improvement initiatives and implementation plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize the replacement planning for mobile capital equipment based on a customer-first model and total cost of ownership (~$250MM annual spend)
- Continue to centralize the planning and to streamline the purchasing of equipment
- Develop the FY mobile capital plan (and multi-year planning cycles) for Capital Committee approval
- Implement the annual capital plan for mobile equipment procurement including any timing requirements as directed by the Capital Committee
- Determine buy vs. lease vs. rent requirements with Treasury and FP&A
- Obtain production slots from vendors and submit purchase orders based on lead time constraints
- Communicate with OpCo’s as necessary on order confirmations and delivery
- Track delivery and other performance metrics
- In conjunction with Asset Systems and Indirect Sourcing, efficiently, accurately, and timely track mobile equipment from cradle-to-grave, including in-service and disposal hierarchy, as well as equipment pooling and staging for International Americas
- Integrate acquisitions for short term and longer-term planning
- Integrate gov’t Incentives into the planning process to balance replacements and incentives with ROI
- Plan for the fleet of the future in order to meet company goals such as sustainability (e.g., alternate fuel vehicles) , delivery (e.g., small delivery vehicles), regulatory (e.g., CARB) while meeting vehicle availability, economic viability, and reliability requirements
- Work with OEMs to coordinate and track additional items such as graphics, lift gates, grille guards, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry developments such as capacity, demand, lead-times, production availability, etc.
- Performs duties and projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 15 years equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- Must have experience in procurement of assets across multiple locations
- 7 years’ experience in fleet planning, analytics, and technology
Abilities and Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to clearly and concisely provide information
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflict, and coordinate work with others
- Manage toward strategic and tactical goals with continuous improvement
- Independently and proactively resolves problems.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- Communication: Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills. Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps audiences understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of action; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Follow up: Monitors the results of assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes clear courses of actions for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively communicates changes and progress.
- Build partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships across departments or teams to help achieve business goals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the Corporate HQ.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time