Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Maintenance of the buildings, equipment, and related facilities and systems. Perform related work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
- Implement and maintain preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer's guidelines.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed. Ensure safety procedures in use consistently. (Lock out, tag out, etc.)
- Diagnose problems, dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings.
- Building maintenance and lighting (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, etc.).
- Repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Require to follow GMP's and Safety Regulations.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Maintain packaging/production systems and equipment.
- Complete all required records and paperwork neatly, accurately, and promptly.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- One to three years’ related experience and/or training
- PLC and servo controls knowledge is strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATION AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and use math at the Algebra/Trigonometry level.
- Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters)
- Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
- Interacts well with others.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing procedures/priorities.
- Complete planned and emergency maintenance work assignments in a safe and timely fashion
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong communication: oral & written. Analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Results, Customer service and detail oriented
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when working on a conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
- Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities.
- The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
- This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees and Freezer -18 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence.
- This is a high noise area.
- Must pass company drug test and background.
- All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time