Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc.
Location: US-CO-Denver, US-CO-Aurora, US-CO-Lakewood, US-CO-Broomfield, US-CO-Littleton, US-CO-Commerce City
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
This position is located in Denver, CO
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a Finance position responsible for performing cycle counts, compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, and/or supplies stocked in the establishment and/or items to be returned. Researches root causes for count discrepancies. Performs quality checks and supports the product recall process.
- Making sure inventory is correct by doing cycle counts
- Following up on any inaccuracies in inventory
- Maintenance of the fresh inventory
- Make sure all product is rotated by the oldest age, slotting info
- Daily adjustment and accuracy of inventory
- Work with buyers on product that are being over ordered or shorted
- Working on special projects for operations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of previous, related experience
- Food experience preferred, but it is an entry level position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent company data or files
- Commitment to work until job is completed
- Interacts well with others. Good team player
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/priorities
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions
- Strong logical reasons skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Your position is directly responsible for food safety and quality. You perform functions that are an integral part of our Food Safety and Quality programs. It is essential that you always perform those duties according to all of our programs and policies. If you know that you will be missing work or not able to complete your portions of our Food Safety and Quality procedures for part/all of the day, then you need to make sure that all other personnel in your department are aware so that coverage for you can be handled appropriately. Give notice of absences as far in advance as you possibly can.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time