Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc
Location: US-CO-Denver, US-CO-Aurora, US-CO-Lakewood, US-CO-Broomfield, US-CO-Littleton, US-CO-Commerce City
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Job Summary: Unload all items being received into the warehouse and palletize them in standard stacking methods. Check accuracy of the quantity of the product received and process all paperwork connected with receiving the product.
This position is located in Denver, CO
- Remove all products from trucks by use of forklift, electric pallet jack or by hand
- Stack all products in a safe and orderly manner
- Follow all GMP’s and safety regulation
- Report discrepancies to leads and supervisor
- Operating equipment including stand up forklift and pallet jack when needed
- Crosstie all items as directed by the warehouse manager or shipping clerk
- Adhere to all safety rules
- Check the accuracy of the product received
- Notify supervisor of any shortage, damage of product or poorquality product
- Complete paperwork as product is being received
- Complete proper documentation for product traceability
- Perform other tasks, as requested by management
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours
- Able to multitask and prioritize job duties to achieve maximum efficiency on receiving dock
- Organize and consolidate products for inventory
- All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action
- Basic English reading and writing skills
- Six (6) months experience in a warehouse
- Experience using a forklift or electric pallet
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred
- Good communication skills with team members and management
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Commitment to work until job is completed
- Interacts well with others. Good team player
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/priorities
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices
- Results oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Detail oriented
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when separating and palletizing different products.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time