Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 75244
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from FreshPoint.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS :
- Ensure processing room is clean and sanitized at the beginning of the shift.
- Process fresh cut items based on orders keyed into the system.
- Make labels for product to be shipped.
- Package items and prepare them for shipment.
- Ensure quality of product is acceptable and meets standards.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Follow any other requests or instructions given by the Manager or Supervisor
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Proven ability to communicate and perform simple arithmetic
- Knowledge of produce a plus
- Previous experience in a processing facility a plus
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work with sharp instruments used for cutting
- Must be able to stand in one place for long period of time
- Exciting promotions and opportunities to increase your income
- Personal and career growth
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- A stable growing company
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription plans
- Life and Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, Employee Assistance programs
- Pre-tax savings opportunities
- Discounts and other perks that come with being a Sysco associate
- Check out Syscobenefits.com/careers for more information
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time