Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Sysco Specialty Meat Group Cost Accountant is a hands-on Accounting professional who is an operationally focused team player with proven problem solving, analytical and communication skills. This position reports directly to the CFO supporting the manufacturing operations to include month end close as well as ensuring accounting procedures and compliance. A successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, manufacturing standard cost and computer skills to analyze transactions, performance, and financial reporting. Must have experience with full cycle month-end closing processes and financial reporting in a manufacturing environment. Must be adept at maintaining the accuracy of the cost of goods sold by developing and monitoring product cost.
- Responsible for the operations cost accounting function including assisting in annual budget development, month end close activities and reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring inventories and adjustments, cycle count auditing and monitoring, standard cost rate development and management, preparation and review of the physical inventories, aged inventory monitoring, reconciliation and A&O reserves.
- Review, report and explain drivers of manufacturing performance variances (product mix vs performance), absorptions and spend variances, operating expenses, analyze trends and variance explanations.
- Partner with the Operations teams to understand cost and efficiency improvement impacts and opportunities.
- Manage yield models, develop and prepare yield analysis reporting, manufacturing absorption rates as well as complete cost exercises on yield performance, labor hours and material values.
- Develop, prepare and maintain various weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Evaluate sales and cost of sales and impacts of price, volume and mix as part of month end.
- Work with merchandising team to analyze, document and capture PPV or Market Rate variances.
- Provide detailed cost estimates for new products and propose changes to current product costs.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as well as aid in performing internal control guidelines and testing.
- Special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA a plus
- 3+ years Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required. Food manufacturing experience a plus.
- Advanced excel skills, solid understanding of ERP software.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate with various departments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is occasionally exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high voltage electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time