Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Location: US-CA-Fremont, US-CA-Oakland, US-CA-Palo Alto, US-CA-San Jose, US-CA-San Mateo, US-CA-Milpitas, US-CA-Union City
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
Supervise warehouse night personnel to ensure efficient, accurate and orderly completion of the daily picking and loading of routes while maintaining a neat, orderly and sanitary warehouse environment.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Assigning daily tasks to warehouse personnel and supervise picking and loading of routes to ensure accuracy.
- Maintaining accurate cooler and freezer inventories to ensure product integrity.
- Manage outside storage facilities to ensure sufficient inventory.
- Train and supervise employees in the preferred work methods.
- Communication with production and sales to ensure that orders are being processed and shipped in a timely manner.
High School diploma, some college preferred
2 years of warehouse experience, Pallet jack, and Forklift certified
Good communication skills, customer service oriented, ability to adjust to changing environment, a good understanding of safe work practices
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time