Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The job function is to procure products, manage inventory levels and negotiate price as it relates to specified categories. Using experience and market knowledge this role will work with other departments as well as customers to develop and market products. This role ensures us having the correct product at a relevant price for our customers.
- Manage and replenish appropriate inventory levels.
- Negotiate price with suppliers.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships that help leverage our products offering.
- Understand and be current on market information.
- Perform product inspections on oversight items and address.
- Maintain appropriate aging and rotation on all products.
- Work with Material Control Coordinator and production to reduce shrink and plan production.
- Maximize profitability by focusing on product mix as well as cut utilization through production/portion control.
- Focus on sales growth through existing and new product line development.
- Coordinate with sales on product development and new business growth as well as assisting Opcos on inquiries.
- Create and distribute merchandising reports verbal and non-verbal on a weekly basis.
- Maximize profitability by maintaining costing and pricing in inventory system and price book while keeping market relevant.
- Participate as part of management team to develop and administer business strategy, company policy, and company direction
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties in accordance with accepted current standards and perform other duties as deemed necessary so as to meet departmental and Company objectives
- 5 years of Merchandising experience including experience managing MULTIPLE COP categories.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proficient in MS Office, excellent communication skills, well developed interpersonal skill, understanding of commodities market.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time