Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for the development, recommendation and implementation of control-related standards and procedures, systems and best practices about inventory. Additionally, the position is responsible for reconciling the physical inventories for maintaining accurate financial information. The position will serve as a liaison between Finance, Operations and Purchasing. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising and leading team assisting with inventory related duties.
- Collaborating with cross-functional departments (Purchasing, Operations, Finance, etc.) to research inventory discrepancies.
- Ensuring timely resolution of inventory discrepancies
- Scheduling and conducting physical inventory recounts and or cycle counts as needed
- Compiling, analyzing and distributing Inventory Reports as needed
- Delegating work and responsibility to inventory team.
- Overseeing all inventory accounts and records.
- Compiling inventory reports for review and analysis.
- Analyzing and stock inventories and checking archives.
- Ensuring that all stocks comply with the quality standards of the organization.
- Performing and managing timely inventory audits.
- Ensure adherence to departmental Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
- Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work may be required.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies and Safety procedures and the Sysco Code of Conduct.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Should possess strong managerial and directorial skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred
- Strong leadership and development skills
- Must be able to prioritize, delegate, and accomplish multiple tasks, as well as can troubleshoot and resolve common problems.
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- High proficiency (e.g., create and maintain database files) in Microsoft (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be a Customer Service oriented team player and have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Understanding and aptitude to work with computer inventory programs and software.
- Working knowledge of the full inventory cycle
- Strong Excel and 10-key skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent from a four-year college and/or 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar setting.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years of inventory management experience preferred.
This position requires the ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. Lifting to 80 pounds on occasion.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time