Company: Sysco Raleigh
More information about this job:
This position is located at 1032 Baugh Road, Selma, NC, 27576
This is an Operations position responsible for moving trucks and trailers in and out of dock doors for loading and unloading.
- Works with the loaders and supervision to move trucks and trailers from one location to another according to door assignments.
- Checks to ensure that each unit is sealed and that the refrigeration unit is operating correctly and running.
- Moves trucks and trailers from dock to dock as needed to complete the loading process.
- Ensures the trailer or truck is completely loaded and secured before moving from the dock area.
- Works with transportation management to ensure the proper equipment is used on the proper route.
- Works closely with fleet shop management to ensure any repairs are finished before using equipment.
- Helps keep truck parking yard free of debris and trash.
- Arranges trucks and trailers on the yard in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Moves trucks and trailers for receiving when needed.
- Less than high school education.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco.
- One year of warehouse or transportation experience.
- Truck backing experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time