Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Manager – BT Finance will provide financial leadership, business partnership and decision support to the Sysco Labs - Executive Leadership team. The position will operate in both Houston and Austin. The role is responsible for monthly financial statement and variance analysis. This position includes the development/preparation/delivery of a variety of financial views along with business case development and analysis when applicable. In addition, this role will provide financial recommendations to Sysco Labs Executive team. He/she is also responsible for assisting department management as directed in ensuring proper financial controls are in place to confirm that all Sysco Labs related financial transactions are properly planned, approved and reflected in SYSCO’S financial statements. The Manager coordinates budget preparation, forecasting, tracking and reporting/explaining significant variations from those budgets. Other responsibilities will include assisting in the development of processes and procedures for all related Sysco Labs financial processes including asset tracking, invoicing, financial reporting, project portfolio management, etc. This position will also assist in and contribute to the preparation and tracking of the overall BT department AOP. The position will be the point of contact for all Sysco Labs financial questions/issues. The overall goal is accurate, transparent financial reporting, and improved analysis to drive improved financial results and provide Sysco Labs Executive team with the information needed to make informed financial decisions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops departmental budgets including consolidation and justification
- Prepares monthly financial package
- Performs financial analysis and engages regularly with Labs management team
- Performs account reconciliations
- Develops in depth knowledge of Sysco Labs efforts/projects/capabilities
- Performs monthly forecasting
- Develops and maintains staffing plan and impact on future years
- Prepares journal entries and accrual entries for submission to corporate accounting
- Enters and maintains information in appropriate systems to capture, classify and control project expenses
- Works with Sysco Labs teams and Property Accounting to ensure capital assets are placed in service at the appropriate time
- Assists with Annual Operating Plan as needed
- Coordinates with Sysco Labs to provide monthly, quarterly, annual materials for Executive presentations
- Identify trends, risks, and make suggestions for intervention/opportunities.
- Assists in enhancing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness.
- Assists in furnishing internal reports, revising and updating reports to be more useful and efficient, and external reports as necessary.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge and methods of continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Fosters strong communications and teamwork between division finance, operating groups and corporate staff.
- Conducts training surrounding financial procedures, standards, etc. as required.
- Prepares materials to ensure timely, accurate analysis, and interpretation.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- 5 to 7 years of experience in an accounting or finance role. Experience in an I.T. environment is a plus.
- Strong understanding of standard accounting practices (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of and ability to perform financial analysis.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Candidate must be a “hands on” individual.
- Candidate must be highly self-motivated.
- Ability to switch gears quickly.
- Ability to see the big picture along with the details.
- Ability to handle multiple priority assignments.
- Clear, focused, and succinct verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under strict deadlines, department policy, procedures and budget constraints.
- Strong analytical skills along with logical and systematic thought processes.
- Extremely strong skills and knowledge regarding Microsoft Excel. Strong skills and knowledge with MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface satisfactorily with all levels of management
- Travels when required to fulfill tasks assigned
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time