Company: Trinity Seafood
Zip Code: 08701
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Responsible for distribution, receiving and inventory of Freezer. Assists with other areas of Production as required. 3 AM Start Time.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Includes the following:
- Unloads trucks, check in merchandise and distribute to Freezer
- Receives one or more order "pick tickets", Pulls Freezer orders.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping or requisitions to determine frozen items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped and loaded onto outgoing trucks
- Responsible for the organization and accountability of frozen product.
- Weighs orders when required
- Weighs and marks items on ticket
- Responsible for the cleanliness of freezer.
- Employee is responsible for and participating in end of month physical inventory count.
- Using pallet jack or forklift for transit walks thru cooler (32° F) and freezer (-10°F) selecting and palletizing products itemized on pick ticket
- Loads trucks
- Stocks product in cooler and freezer
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Move materials and items from receiving/storage areas to other designated areas.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Follow Safety and Food Safety Procedures,
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Repack as needed
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
Skills Needed: Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective distributions of goods.
- Forklift and Pallet Jack experience
- Must be able to work independently, be reliable, responsible, and dependable
- The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May frequently be required to work OT(including weekends/days off)
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Trinity Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time