Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Are you passionate?
If so, apply now for your fresh start with FreshPoint
Basic Job Concept:
Oversee and direct crews for day to day processing while maintaining all HACCP and Food Safety rules.
FreshCuts Production Team
1. One year of produce related experience preferred.
2. One year of experience in processing facility preferred.
3. Familiarity with a warehouse environment and GMPs is preferred.
1. Work off production sheets, direct crew, check quality, and ensure all daily production is complete.
2. Learn and effectively perform all duties to open and close the room for associates.
3. Train crew members on all necessary functions on their individual positions.
4. Ensure products are made to correct yields and control overproduction.
5. Ensure all product overage is used daily and minimize waste.
6. Ensure all QC Customer product is inspected and produced to specs.
7. Ensure proper QA processes are in place and are being documented.
8. Report equipment damaged and issues in quality to Supervisors or Quality Assurance
9. Assist with yield studies as needed.
10. Ensure production HACCP, SOPs, GMPs and safety rules are followed.
11. Ensure sample requests are made correctly and completed to sample request specs.
12. Work with supervisors to release crews to breaks and lunches.
13. Ensure all processing areas are keep clean, neat and organized.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task, work systematically, and follow written and verbal instructions.
2. Basic reading, writing and problem solving.
3. Computer, label printing skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time