Company: Metro Poultry, Division of A.M. Briggs, Inc. (354)
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This is an Operations position responsible for directing the activities associated with inbound and outbound warehouse operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, directing activities related to product receiving, product replenishment, order selection, order loading, expense and revenue management; ensuring abidance of government regulations; providing management and direction to warehouse staff; and ensuring safety and security of the inbound and outbound warehouse departments.
This position is the night shift.
Brief role description
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, management and direction to delivery staff, compliance with government regulations and safety and security of the delivery department. Also may be responsible for directing the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and appearance of the fleet and third-party providers.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Manages the daily work and safety of Driver Supervisors (when span warrants Supervisors) or Delivery Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensures the use and updating of productivity and routing software systems.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale, and submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline and performance reviews.
- Supervises the proper selection utilization of Company assets in support of the Delivery department. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary
- Manages labor hours, travel, fuel, and consumable supplies within budget, maximizing time and cost efficiencies. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with the implementation of delivery changes.
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Sales Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field
Minimum of 5 years operations experience
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metro Poultry, Division of A.M. Briggs, Inc. (354) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time