Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Northern New England
Zip Code: 04092
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Profit Management and Financial forecasting and reporting. Responsible for providing insight and analysis of financial operating results. Identifies trends and provides recommendations for various profitability drivers, including revenue, margin, expense management, and working capital management.
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus last year results
- Identify underperforming customers and vendors and the key drivers of profitability
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Provide specific analysis as to the key drivers of expenses and the key drivers as to variances to last year and to plan
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Quantify the financial impact of key cost control initiatives
- May participate in shrink committee, credit committee, and other initiatives
- Assist Local CFO and Market CFO with the performance of the forecast
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the forecast
- Work with each department to ensure they understand the overall forecast and how the impact of the key initiatives they are responsible for are reflected in the forecast
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the profit plan
- Participate in the recruiting and training of finance associates
- Responsible for performance management and development of finance associates
- Play a key role in the annual AOP process
- Individual must champion and be the local expert in Sysco's analytical toolbox
- Review and ensure that all vendors' billings are paid in a timely fashion and uncollectable vendor receivables are properly handled
- Monitor and review all Master Distribution Agreements (MDA) for profitability
- Oversee the Profit Management Team to maximize performance
- Monitor the Customer Performance Activity System (CPAS) to provide reports and communicate financial impact as necessary
- Assist with cost monitoring, product equities, frequencies and other statistical data directly related to price management
- MBA/CPA and preferred
- Prior managerial experience preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics required
- At least 5 years financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
- Ability to lead and direct clerical positions
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Northern New England is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time