Company: Buckhead Meat of Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Location: 4500 Wickersham Drive, College Park GA 30337
Hours : 11:30 a.m. – to close
Reports To: Supervisor – Production
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Hourly
Ensures efficient packaging of meat products.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment,
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment.
- Seal containers or materials and hand tools.
- Language Skills- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, in English. Spanish speaking skills a strong plus.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points that are being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Lifting – The ability to lift over 75 lbs
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Multilimb Coordination — The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Trunk Strength — The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People — Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Assisting and Caring for Others — Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time