Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Location: US-CA- San Diego
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 100%
More information about this job:
Brief Description of Job:
Associate will be responsible for delivering and unloading product to Newport Meat Company customers in a timely manner. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Newport Meat Company Safety Preferred Work Methods.
(Including ADA physical and educational requirements)
- Valid California Driver’s License with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years).
- Class B License – 3 years verifiable experience or Class C License with minimum of 18 months delivery experience in a high volume delivery environment – small package delivery experience preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, pull or move product that regularly weighs up to 100lbs, frequently reaching up to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; and bending and twisting while unloading product.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety requirements.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- No disciplinary issues in current position.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described above and here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to sit frequently and to stand and walk often, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk, see and hear.
Work Environment: Associate must be willing to consistently drive on the roads and highways of Southern California.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Southern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time