Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration with an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products. Promote, Sell, Secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship approach. Demonstrate Products and Services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Territory/Route Development: Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the SSMC’s products and services
- Make in person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Taking Customer Orders with SSMC goals in mind: Sales and GP/Stop maximization.
- Accurate Order Input and Communication: Participate, review and oversee input of orders for customers via communication with Inside Sales Partner
- React Timely to Customer problems and needs. Review daily out of stocks, shortages, transportations issues and implement solutions quickly
- Review, Analyze and react to daily/weekly sales and margin reports looking for improvement opportunities
- Accounts Receivable Management: Develop relationship with A/P contact at every account. Participate and coordinate communication between them and SSMC Account Receivable manager/representative
- “Ask Early and Often” Control DSO’s and know signs when to say “No Ship or COD”
- Continuing Education: Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, trends and who the winners and losers are in your market. Participate in SSMC training and Customer Events
- Update Bid Files, Customer Profiles and Customer Call sheets to insure proper pricing and accuracy of needed items-thus reducing costly credits and returns
- Minimum Required: High School diploma
- Preferred: 4-year degree in Culinary Arts, Business, Marketing, Agriculture/Animal Science or related studies
- Minimum Required: 2 Year Prior foodservice and/or sales background strongly preferred
- Deep expertise of Meat & Seafood category, or restaurant/culinary background with shown capacity to quickly learn and apply new knowledge
- Consultative sales ability
- Must be self –motivated and accountable for time management without constant supervisor direction. Exhibit strong customer relation skills and a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs. Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time