Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Central California
Zip Code: 95382
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Supervisor is responsible for providing daily leadership of the department. Responsible for Planning, direction, and support to associates; and maintaining a safe, organized, clean and efficient operation. Must be able to proactively identify and analyze problems and implement appropriate corrective action to improve performance. Must be able to check all incoming and outgoing product for quality and accuracy.
Leads, Merchandising Team, Warehouse Personnel, Food Safety/QA and PRDC Team
High School Diploma
College Degree Preferred
- Experience in food production environment to include production management/supervisory role
- Extensive knowledge of process controls, product flow, inventory control, quality assurance protocols, equipment optimization and supply chain management
- Ability to develop key manufacturing performance indicators metrics and communicate to management all critical production data
- Strong process improvement background and change management shills
- Ability to manage a production department.
- Ability to manage people.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
- Previous pallet jack experience required
- SQF certification or experience
- HACCP certification or experience
- Food Production Leadership experience (Lean/Six Sigma/DMAIC)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Oversee production line and work flow, planning and scheduling work to meet customer orders. Evaluating the work of production associates, product, and equipment. Coaching and development of staff to ensure that production and quality goals are achieved. Troubleshooting day to day concerns as related to the department
- Prepares productivity and labor reports as needed for each Opco to ensure costs are being controlled.
- Ensuring Occupational Safety and Food Safety Compliance by monitoring work, training employees on preferred work methods, and development of procedures to implement overall occupational and food safety compliance at the Opco.
- Review, coach, and develop the pack and/or repack associates. Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety requirements. Issuing discipline when necessary. Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Responsible for all quality and rotation of product in the tomato/repack department being shipped to the customer. Ensuring all customers receive a quality product as ordered. Inspecting products to ensure all HACCP and other food safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensures adherence to all company standards regarding product quality and food safety practices working with Quality Assurance and Food Safety departments
- Assist in various inventory control functions, including proper stocking and rotation.
- Monitors raw material and packaging inventories to ensure adequate supply and freshness (rotation) to support production requirements
- Identifies opportunities for enhanced cost reduction, yield optimization, operational safety, and quality improvements
- Maintains a visible presence on the plant floor to monitor machine operations and provide technical guidance during all production and sanitation phases.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF, HACCP, Company Policies and Food Safety procedures.
- Moving of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift; infrequent moving of 80 lbs.
- Bending and stooping during the shift.
- Prolonged standing or walking during the shift.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (approximately 36 degrees) for long periods of time
- Must be proficient in basic computer functions (i.e. Outlook, check email on daily basis and use calendar).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Basic AS400 knowledge.
- Warehouse, Coolers, cold environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time