Company: SYGMA - Kansas City
Location: US-MO-Kansas City
Zip Code: 64153
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Directs, leads and controls a Center's sales and distribution of products and services to the customized foodservice industry. Achieves planned goals for sales, expenses, pretax income and return on assets through effective management of the center's human and physical assets, accomplished through constant direct personal workplace contact with and oversight of staff and operations. Builds and maintains a customer service level consistent with corporate philosophy. Requires consistent presence and oversight of daily business operations.
- Investigates and implements methods to minimize costs and improve efficiency among various functional areas at the Center; provides timely and accurate reports as needed.
- Maintains appropriate levels of customer service to present accounts and maintains high levels of customer relations.
- Oversees the selection, motivation and development of the human resources of the center to ensure key positions are ably staffed and future management is developed. Maintains a high level of efficiency and professionalism throughout the operations center.
- Assists in the management of sales and marketing efforts for the Center and directs the center's efforts to seek out profitable new business with existing concepts.
- Ensures timely and efficient receipt, storage and delivery of proper products to customers as ordered and provides general oversight of all operations.
- Preserves the physical assets of the Center in good and sanitary condition and reviews and acts on requests for capital expenditures for the Center.
- Punctual and regular attendance demonstrated via physical presence on site. Remains accessible outside of normal business hours for interaction with Central Office staff and performs other job duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all financial and accounting procedures are appropriate and adhered to and that the operations and viability of the operations are financially sound and profitable.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of 10 years’ experience, 15 preferred, in operations distribution management with direct accountability/responsibility for one or more of the core operations functions of warehouse or transportation operations.
Must be able to communicate clearly with employees, customers and other business contacts and operate office equipment including computers, telephones and cell phones. Must be about to observe, inspect and participate in all aspects of the office, warehouse and distribution operations which involves walking, climbing, riding, stepping, reaching, sitting, standing and lifting.
Must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes, with or without correction. Must be able to receive and process information, make decisions and evaluate results.
Most of the day is spent in comfortable office environment and within warehouse and distribution center as well as around equipment and in trucks or automobiles. Some travel is required.
Automobile. Personal Computer, cell phone, telephone.
Warehouse Department Head
Transportation Department Head
Human Resources Business Manager
Customer Service Manager
Licenses or Certificates Required:
Driver’s license and evidence of insurance in accordance with Company policy.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SYGMA - Kansas City is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time