Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Community Affairs, the Program Analyst – Stakeholder Engagement will be responsible for the development, implementation and promotion of key programs, initiatives and events in support of Sysco’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Government Relations functions. This newly created role will be responsible for the coordination and continued development of the company’s volunteer program and the planning and execution of other associate engagement events and activities, e.g. Go Texan Day, Veterans Day Recognition Luncheon, etc. This role also provides support for Government Relations’ array of outreach, programs and events, including Sysco’s Political Action Committee (PAC).Responsibilities:
CSR - Volunteer Program
- Formalize, standardize and maintain the volunteer program for HQ campuses and Houston market.
- Support efforts to establish and implement new volunteer framework that can be replicated at other company locations and in other geographies.
- Lead the planning of Sysco Corporate’s two primary volunteer campaigns: Sysco Gives Back Weeks and Hunger Action Month.
- Facilitate the creation of ongoing list of volunteer experiences for year-round individual associate or team participation, including identifying and vetting organizations, determining appropriate and engaging volunteer activities to include, and maintaining informational materials to promote available activities.
- Help research and determine recommendation(s) for potential cloud-based CSR software platform that would facilitate Sysco’s online giving, matching, volunteering and community investment programs, and provide appropriate tracking and metrics for better reporting and ROI assessment.
- Help maintain volunteer program informational packet, activity descriptions, task lists, content pages on The Dish, and any other materials used to promote the program or communicate about the program to associates/other stakeholders.
- Connect associate volunteers with community partners and programs needing volunteer support when needed.
- Develop and carry out plan for ongoing associate volunteer engagement and program evaluation to ensure volunteer feedback and satisfaction with program.
- Review policies and procedures, which guide the volunteer program, updating where and when necessary.
- Identify and request allocation of sufficient resources (time, funds, people, and tools) to support the volunteer program and engagement
- Develop a budget for volunteer program activities, and administer and monitor expenditure for the program against the approved budget.
- Evaluate and recommend technology that will support the volunteer program, including working with BT to identify and implement appropriate tools.
- Determine communication protocols and cadence for associate volunteers.
- Help implement volunteer engagement strategies, including research of best practices, program planning and implementation, partner collaboration and the development of new types of community partnerships.
- Coordinate and engage associate volunteers for all CSR events requiring volunteer support, including company initiatives and special projects (AOP, 50th anniversary).
- Help support development and implementation of volunteer initiatives for Sysco’s Associate Resource Groups.
- Develop and manage both formal and informal associate volunteer recognition program.
- Create annual volunteer and engagement calendar.
- Work across teams, businesses and geographies to ensure associate volunteer experiences are aligned with Sysco’s business and CSR priorities (hunger/feeding, education, military veterans).
CSR - Nourishing Neighbors Program
- Create quarterly OpCo/market-level reports of cash donations and percentage completion to total.
- Serve as the “hotline” to answer any questions from OpCos regarding donations partners, practices and opportunities.
- Partner with comms/marketing to promote local stories and large donations; developing a consistent communication plan.
- Identify and maintain OpCo list of preferred partners and identify synergies between cash and product donations.
- Direct outreach to low-performing OpCos to help them increase contributions.
GR – PAC
- Support PAC outreach/engagement/fundraising:
- Coordinate event planning and registration
- Track comps for unattended events
- PAC member outreach and engagement
- PAC Board communications/meeting materials
- New member coordination
- PAC reporting & analytics
- Liaise and support state and federal mandated reporting (working with third party compliance vendor DDC)
- Process credit card & check payments for PAC dues
GR – General
- Manage logistics and coordination with OpCos for facility tours with government officials
- Vendor management and invoicing
- Help prepare presentation and other communication materials:
- Sysco at a Glance
- Newsletter & GR emails
- Materials for meetings with ELT
- Help with meeting calendar/planning, travel & expenses
CSR – Other
- Support the rollout of initiatives and projects for the CSR team.
- Support the planning and execution of CSR meetings / events, e.g. Animal Welfare Council.
- Support Executives and team on preparing necessary materials for Board of Director meetings, Executive Leadership Team meetings, customer meetings, internal meetings, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, sustainability, corporate social responsibility or other related/relevant field.
3-5 years of relevant work experience; to potentially include, but not limited to:
- Prior experience in Community Relations, CSR, Philanthropy, Corporate Communications, Public Affairs highly desirable
- Experience with campaign or event planning, communications, social media, marketing and/or promotions.
- Familiarity with asset-based and/or social impact design approaches to community impact, volunteerism and corporate philanthropy.
- Familiarity with the use of CSR/engagement software, e.g. Benevity, JustCause.
- Manage project work plans and timelines, impact measurement, and reporting
- Proficiency with salesforce applications for volunteer registration and/or event management.
- Communicate outcome measures with stakeholders and monitor progress for reporting
- Project management skills: ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize, delegate and to create systems and processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Ability to take initiative and operate with autonomy; flexible and adaptable
- Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations and external community interactions.
- Demonstrated collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds and with different experience levels.
- Positive, enthusiastic presence with good public relations skills and respectful, professional demeanor
- Financially savvy with a track record with expense reporting, budget planning and tracking, check requests and processing.
- Exceptional computer skills with high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Adobe/other publication software and InDesign/other design software a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Must have strong proficiency in data analysis using MS Excel, data management best practices and data visualization tools
- Ability to work productively on independent research, data collection and analysis assignments and as part of a team
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time