Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Under the direction of the Credit Manager, the Credit Analyst will review new and existing account for credit worthiness. The Credit Analyst will assist Credit Associates with third party and bad debt accounts while building working relationship with internal and external customers. The Credit Analyst will also prepare reports relevant to Credit Department key metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs activities related to Credit Risk:
- Performs systematic credit analysis of new and existing Contract Multi Unit accounts
- Prepares documentation for UCC filings and other legal documents
- Verifies Customer Master Data record setup for compliance of naming conventions, tax documentation, and terms policies
- Performs activities related to Collections:
- Monitor assigned portfolio to ensure past due, short paid, and skipped invoices are addressed swiftly
- Evaluates blocked sales orders and releases orders as appropriate
- Communicates with customers and accurately documents issues
- Analyzes payment patterns
- Process requests for invoices, statements, and reporting
- Coordinates closely with Corporate, Site Finance, Sales, and other teams to resolve customer issues
- Coordinates with outside collection and legal counsel pursuing delinquent accounts
- Establishes strong working relationship with Client Services team to support Sysco Contract Multi Unit customers
- Assists with period end bad debt (doubtful account) preparation and monthly reporting.
- Manages daily activities to effectively balance workload with the requirements of making sound credit decisions, external collection efforts and resolving issues that may prevent prompt payment.
Required Minimum Experience:
High School or Equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
Required Minimum Experience:
- 5-8 years in a high-volume or shared services center supporting Accounts Receivable, Credit, and/or Collections functions.
- Knowledge of the order to cash cycle
- Strong communication skills
- 5 years of financial statement analysis
- Previous foodservice or foodservice distribution industry is strongly preferred.
- Considerable SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft knowledge.
- Get Paid with SAP or AS400 is preferred.
Certifications and/or Technical Requirements:
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel Skills with V and H Lookup, Macros, and Pivot tables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- CBA, CBF, or CCE from National Association of Credit (NACM) or equivalent is a plus
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to resolve routine issues and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted practices
- Ability to research and resolve problems and recommend solutions
- Attention to detail
- Effective oral and written and verbal communication skills
- Sound time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Key Internal/External Contacts:
- Contact with Sysco Operating Company personnel, Sales associates, all levels of SBS staff will be necessary
- External contact, inbound and outbound, with past due customer will be required daily
- There will also be some external contacts with third party collection agencies and attorneys
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SBS Cypress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time