Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Job Summary: To operate the warehouse forklift and perform various material handling duties.
- Prior to signing out equipment, performs operations and safety check including: battery, brakes, lift controls, and fire extinguisher.
- Sign out equipment daily on release form. Proceeds safely to assigned area to pull, load, and move merchandise, checking locator cards and all documents specific to each type of merchandise.
- Uses equipment appropriate to each type of movement. At the end of each day, returns equipment to correct charging station and prepares equipment for daily (overnight) charge.
- Required to follow all GMP’s and Safety Regulation.
- Lifting up to 100 Pounds
- Capable of standing for extended period of time
- Reaching and moving product
- Pulling orders
- Operating equipment including sit down and stand up forklift and Pallet jack.
- Complete proper documentation for product traceability.
- Complete other duties assigned by management. Responsible for working until relieved by manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Six (6) months experience in a warehouse.
- Experience operating electric pallet.
- Basic knowledge of meat preferred.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customerservice oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times and freezer dept -18 degrees.
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time