Company: Sysco Sacramento
Location: US-CA-Pleasant Grove
Zip Code: 95668
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is an operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; monitors and maintains legal and regulatory compliance (D.O.T, OSHA, Environmental…etc.), managing the maintenance fleet shop and personnel, diagnosis and repair of the Sysco fleet, ensuring safety and security of the shop and fleet. The position is also responsible for administrative duties including parts procurement, inventory management, asset tracking and cost control through maintenance systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the labor hours, daily work and safety of associates engaged in fleet and facility maintenance and repair within budget.
- Manages parts inventory, and consumable supplies within budget. Monitors work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed. Staffs fleet shop properly based on fleet availability.
- Manages the proper selection, purchase and utilization of company assets in support of the fleet maintenance department. Coordinates required processes and repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Develop business relationships to ensure communication and efficient operations with third party vendors.
- Ensures the proper scheduling of fleet maintenance and repairs; along with compliance of all Company programs, including preventative maintenance and inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting, repair, rebuild and overhaul of vehicles.
- Reviews fleet maintenance functions and various operational and expense reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet maintenance.
- Conducts audits daily to ensure all required documentation is accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns (root cause analysis and action plans for prevention), preventive maintenance logs, pre/post trip inspections, certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Develops a fleet services budget to include a review of past year income and expenses; adjusts and administers all fleet service purchases including parts, tools and office supplies.
- Oversees budgets, verifies contract adherence between Sysco and third party vendor services to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensures proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/trailer inspections.
- Stays current with technical manuals, literature and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company owned vehicles.
- Builds and maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Administers, trains and consistently enforces company policies and procedures.
- Champion dept. safety and coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, training and development, performance reviews, establishes and holds others accountable to achieve goals, coaching and counseling, discipline and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Ensures accurate and up-dated re-certifications of commercial equipment and CVOR (Canada) are compliant.
- Ensures compliance with all company and safety rules, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., OSHA, DOT, and EFC).
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Tech school or equivalent is preferred (2 years)
- Three years’ of management or supervisory maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Five years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state driver’s License meeting company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program. Class A CDL preferred
- Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 12 months
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE Certification preferred)
- Working knowledge of diesel engines, refrigeration, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and braking systems required
- EPA Section (608 Core & Type II) certification preferred
- EPA Section (609) certification preferred
- Brake inspector certification, or knowledge, skills and abilities required
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and safety guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade, shop equipment, power tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Sacramento is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time