Company: Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Chicago
Location: US-IL-Hampshire, US-IL-Elgin, US-IL-Huntley, US-IL-Algonquin, US-IL-DeKalb, US-IL-Woodstock, US-IL-Rockford, US-IL-Burlington, US-IL Schaumburg - US-IL-Aurora,US-IL-Belvidere , US-IL-Marengo, US-IL-Crystal Lake, US-IL-Lake In The Hills, US-IL-Cary, US-IL-St. Charles
Zip Code: 60140
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located in Hampshire, IL.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Computer skills.
- Product knowledge – basic knowledge of product.
- Read the tickets and match with the product and quantity of order
- Perform final check to ensure that items and weights match the orders – bring product quality to attention of management.
- Properly place products into packaging materials and ensure a secure package upon exit of the machine.
- Properly select orders to be processed in a prioritized manner according to designated demand times.
- Pass completed order through to boxing area.
- Weighing and labeling finished boxes.
- Stacking finished boxes on transfer racks for order selectors.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Less than high school education.
- 1 year related cutting/portion experience.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes and demonstrates safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Uses all required PPE consistently.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch, and talk and hear. The associate must regularly lift and /or move 10-40 pounds, and occasionally lift 50 -80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, extreme cold and/or humid conditions and slipper/icy environment; moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is constant but is under the OSHA standard
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Chicago is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time