Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Basic Job Concept:
Oversee the day to day functions in the processing room while following all safety rules and procedures.
Vice President of Value Added
Vice President of Operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year college degree preferred
- One (1) year of Managerial experience.
- Experience and knowledge of produce preferred.
- Previous experience in a processing facility preferred.
- Effectively coordinating and managing all production activities including inventory, invoicing, ordering of packaging and chemicals, processing room maintenance and cleanliness.
- Oversee that all items are processed based on orders keyed into the system.
- Develop processes through observation and feedback from front line Supervisors that will result in improved performance and efficiencies.
- Ensure quality of product is acceptable and meets standards
- Actively develop and maintaining a team approach in the day-to-day management of all crew members.
- Follow any other requests or instructions given by the E.V. P., or any other upper management.
- Oversee that HACCP and Safety standards are met.
- Conduct yield testing (product produced against yields).
- Achieving and exceeding budgeted sales and profit goals
- Coaching and directing of employees. Conduct regular performance evaluations of staff.
- Occasional customer visits as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Proven ability to communicate and perform simple arithmetic
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 80 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases and work with sharp instruments used for cutting.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time