Company: FreshPoint Denver
Zip Code: 80216
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
- Value Added Teams
- Merchandisers, Brand Managers, Produce Specialists, Purchasing, DSMs and RMs.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer secondary education in an appropriate field.
- Two years of experience with Sales and/or Customer Service
- Two years of produce knowledge preferred
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Develop and maintain relationships
- Understand the goals of our Customer and Value Added Partners
- Create and implement viable solutions to assist our partners in achieving their goals
- Help to create sustainable purchasing models to add value to the produce departments in our region
- Help create promotional plans to launch new products and promotions in each market place
- Develop marketing tools/materials to help our sales grow as well as our customers sales grow
- Assist in the creation of POS and MA training materials
- Assist in facilitating all food shows, open houses, and other events in our region
- Coordinate holiday delivery schedules
- Keep contact with trucking agencies for deliveries
- Assist with market information communication during shortages, times of inconsistent quality and volatile pricing
- Key in orders and ensure timely distribution to appropriate departments
- Handle and track order confirmations (ensure pricing and quantities are correct) and submit for payment
- Schedule appointments for truck unloading at required customers
- Email required appointment information to accounts requesting it
- Run all weekly and monthly reporting and complete compliance reporting.
- Enter Denver freight invoices for the week
- Enter Cross docks for each OPCO either weekly or monthly
- Facilitate local buy outs determining availability, cost, logistics and sell price.
- Enter tomato and avocado PO’s as needed by the merchandising team
- Ability to be on call weekends on rotating basis
- Enter PO’s for all Value Added departments at week end to bring inventory counts out of the negative and account for all weekend sales.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on concrete floors on occasional basis.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to follow all safety and HACCP requirements when in the facility.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time