Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Northern California
This is an Operations position responsible for overseeing all outbound loaders (monitor and measure productivity).
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge of the following: inventory control practices and procedures, including forms associated with inventory control, product lines and their dimensions; products sold by Facciola; Facciola safety and security policies; equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of the equipment; management principles including developing objectives, projecting and managing under a budget, evaluating department operations, and managing and motivating employees; necessary interdepartmental communications related to seafood and safety activities.
- Possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel and UMS.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties: (essential functions are in bold)
- Overseeing all Outbound Loaders.
- Maintains communication with other departments to enhance the operations overall organization and efficiency.
- Train new employees and ensure all employees are cross trained.
- Conduct employee reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Prepare work schedules.
- Weekly Safety Meetings.
- Review and approve weekly timesheets.
- Operates forklifts and mechanical jacks throughout the plant constantly in a safe manner.
- Monitor and enforce all safety regulations and standards.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all cooler, freezer and dry storage areas.
- Responsible for participating in monthly inventory as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years in Warehouse industry.
- 1 year Management experience.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Only uses equipment they have been trained on.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to elements such as noises, loud signals, cold, heat, heights and constant movement of vehicles/power jacks.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time