Company: FreshPoint Raleigh
Zip Code: 27560
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
This is an Operations position responsible for stocking received merchandise in the appropriate location, operating and maintaining equipment associated with warehouse activity and performing other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates electric forklift, which requires moving levers and pressing pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus in the cooler, freezer, and dry spaces.
- Unloads/loads pallets of products using pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Stores and removes pallets of products from rack locations.
- Puts product in overflow locations.
- Hand stacks product onto/off of pallets and into packing locations as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment by performing duties of sweeping, ice removal, scrubbing with rags and brushes, and removing trash as required.
- Transfers any leftover items to the Home slot at the end of the shift.
- Cleans up aisles and pick up leftover pallets at the end of the shift.
- Checks slots for any damaged or opened boxes, repairs minor rips in cases or bags. When unable to do minor repairs, writes up damaged product with quantity, slot number, item number, pack size and description.
- Rotates products daily during the receiving-stocking activities using the first-in-first-out (FIFO) method of dropping overstocks down to picking slots as vacancy.
- Strictly adhere to company Proper Work Techniques and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Adheres to all safety rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures at all times without exception.
- Observes sanitation requirements in order to comply with Company policy and food safety inspection agencies.
- Motivate and assist in maintain positive inter-departmental involvement and engagement.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Perform any additional tasks as directed by management personnel.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, with an Associate’s or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- One or more years’ experience in a warehouse environment/distribution.
- Previous experience operating an electric pallet jack and/or forklift.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within first week.
- Obtain License to Lift Certification from Sysco within first 15 days.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to plan and organize work activities; communicate effectively both orally and written; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; develop and follow a schedule; identify and solve problems.
- Ability to interact effectively as a leader or team member and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to effectively listen, understand, and respond positively with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities/tasks.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure while successfully meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decision in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through FreshPoint, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time