Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY: Main responsibility of this position is to support product evaluations: physical setup of evaluations, assisting in data collection and reporting, and cleanup. Other responsibilities include keeping all areas, equipment, and utensils in the PEC in a clean, sanitary, stocked, & organized condition; supporting Quality Assurance (QA) activities & processes, customer presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with product evaluations & any other events in the test kitchen.
2. Maintain the condition, appearance, function, & organization of the test kitchen (Product Evaluation Center/PEC).
3. Clean & sanitize cooking equipment & all utensils.
4. Communicate with QA & business center personnel to understand their specific needs for evaluations & events. Plan ahead for those needs.
5. Order kitchen & evaluation supplies when needed.
6. Schedule & track repairs of kitchen equipment.
7. Clean equipment, utensils, & dishes after events on a daily basis.
8. Speak & interact with test kitchen visitors in a friendly manner on a daily basis.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist QA Program Managers in coordinating with the Business Centers for customer presentations & events and/or product evaluations.
- Assist in the set-up and break down.
- Receipt, put away and retrieval of samples.
- Check in products (product identification and sorting by “LOT” if applicable).
- Reserve the proper evaluation centers and equipment.
- Assist in cooking/preparation of product according to cooking/preparation instructions during evaluations.
- Take photos during product evaluations.
- Clean up including dishwashing and counter tops.
- Displaying product(s) to be evaluated in accordance to the purpose of evaluation (Example: triangle test, blind comparison, etc.).
- Assist in gathering information to be compared during product evaluations/presentations. Information may include, but is not limited to: specification(s), label(s), etc.
- Assist in comparing product(s) with written specification(s). Make sure information such as ingredient statement, nutrition chart, defects, and etc. are correct.
- Assist in completing basic product evaluation activities such as checking net content (such as weight or counts), evaluate packaging compared to specifications, record defects observed in physical/sensory evaluations (bruises, tears, scores, bone chips, color, texture, etc.)
- Assist in reporting the evaluations data.
Daily activities of the product specification system including:
- updating files
- servicing OPCO requests for spec/nutritional information
- coordinating with other staff members the necessary entry of specs by suppliers to service OPCO requests
Assist in collecting Third Party Audit information.
Responsible for ordering and stocking supplies for the PEC.
Responsible for scheduling maintenance of equipment in the PEC.
Responsible for maintaining all areas, equipment, and utensils in a clean and sanitary condition in the PEC.
Complete other essential job duties as directed by Directors, Department Managers, Program Quality Managers, and Technologists.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent (ex. GED) one year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Required to speak, read, and write English. Ability to communicate in other languages in addition to English is preferred.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
4. Ability to use a personal computer, television, projector, FAX, telephone, & copier equipment. Knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, and Power Point software required. Knowledge and experience with Access software would be preferred.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Frequently interacts with the following: Interfaces with Business Center (SMS) personnel, Operating Company (warehouse) personnel, and customers and suppliers at all levels.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use laboratory equipment, food preparation equipment, personal computer and office communication equipment. Ability to understand & carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Good personal grooming is also required as this job entails close contact with customers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and risk of radiation (from microwave ovens). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law. This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time