Company: FreshPoint Raleigh
Zip Code: 27560
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
This is an Operations position responsible for loading pre-assembled merchandise/pallets and master containers for shipment or transporting on delivery vehicles as directed under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads and unloads shipments as required; constant lifting of boxes weighing up to 50 pounds each.
- Loads trucks according to truck mapping and special instructions.
- Loads product in a manner to avoid damages and maintain load stability to insure driver safety.
- Wraps pallets by machine or hand to insure stability.
- Unloads and cleans out trucks as necessary.
- Operates stock trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the plant constantly in a safe manner.
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary. Marks, addresses, loads, and packs product for proper delivery and condition.
- Hand loads product onto trucks as required.
- Stocking, selecting and loading product that is not available during the selection process.
- Documentation of inventory control issues, e.g. replenishment forces, slotting recommendations, etc.
- Complies with all safety regulations and standards.
- Strictly adhere to company Proper Work Techniques and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Adheres to all safety rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures at all times without exception.
- Observes sanitation requirements in order to comply with Company policy and food safety inspection agencies.
- Motivate and assist in maintain positive inter-departmental involvement and engagement.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Perform any additional tasks as directed by management personnel.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, with an Associate’s or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- One or more years’ experience in a warehouse environment/distribution.
- Previous experience operating an electric pallet jack and/or forklift.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within first week.
- Obtain License to Lift Certification from Sysco within first 15 days.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to plan and organize work activities; communicate effectively both orally and written; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; develop and follow a schedule; identify and solve problems.
- Ability to interact effectively as a leader or team member and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to effectively listen, understand, and respond positively with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities/tasks.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure while successfully meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decision in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through FreshPoint, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time