Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Pricing & Promotions Coordinator
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The job of the Pricing & Promotions Coordinator is to assist the Pricing & Promotions Supervisor and Marketing & Merchandising team in accurately and efficiently managing and executing the pricing and promotion portfolios for the European Imports product assortment to meet and/or exceed communicated goals, expectations, and deadlines.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pricing: Create and input new item prices, line pricing, and price changes for existing product into the European Imports system as they coincide with margin tables.
- Analyze promotional/new item sales for past months using current tools and margin system, while simultaneously looking for ways to help improve overall product alignment and categorization.
- Create monthly and bimonthly pricing lists for sales reps and customers.
- Support, process, communicate and execute all vendor/broker and internally generated promotions from acquisition, entries, promotional publications, to vender bill-back recoveries.
- Perform all marketing functions which support retail sales activities: process custom promotions booklet, ads, demos, free fills, etc. and generation of all associated vendor/customers/sales bill-backs and demonstrator invoices.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly pricing, margin, and contract tables for direct customers.
- Analyze, recommend and implement Sysco Operating Company price adjustments in coordination with the company strategy.
- Analyze, recommend and implement Supplies on the Fly price adjustments in coordination with the company strategy.
- Assist in the development and pricing recommendations for the cut & wrap program
- Generate Vendor distribution reports (generating reports within communicated guidelines).
- Support overall marketing team and projects such as, and not limited to: sales training & education events, bi-annual catalog, holiday catalog, Monthly Newsletter article creation, National tradeshows, website image updates, and Item Integrity Maintenance.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
General supervision is received from the Pricing and Promotions Supervisor.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 5 years of previous experience in a food service environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must exhibit the competencies of accuracy, production output, systems competencies, ability to meet communicated deadlines, flexibility, and dependability.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time