Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Salinas
Zip Code: 93905
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Identify, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the distribution of products and services to SYSCO/Freshpoint customers through Sysco/Freshpoint operating companies. Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service in support of the distribution of products and services.
Includes, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide precise, accurate market information and facilitate the expectations of our Sysco/Freshpoint operating companies.
- Maximize unit growth.
- Complete all files accurately prior to submitting to Accounting Department.
- Be receptive and open to innovative technology and utilize available systems to their capacity.
- Take full responsibility for managing your respective account base.
- Review account profiles on a regular basis and update when changes are necessary or at minimum on a quarterly basis.
- Insure accuracy and timely distribution of price lists and confirmations to operating companies.
- Be a team player and assist your fellow merchandiser when needed.
- Maintain and monitor account base by sourcing best quality and price available.
- Coordinate transportation from start to finish to ensure timely arrival.
- Write market updates and post boards daily with marketing changes.
- Suggest weekly ad items to help maintain produce sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of all produce markets.
- Maintain daily communication with operating companies and co- workers to keep them posted on any market changes.
- Facilitate the promotional paperwork with your operating companies.
- Support new product development (i.e., samples, special pricing, and feedback collection, etc.).
- Coordinate food show allowances with companies and suppliers.
- Daily communication with operating companies to keep them posted on any market changes.
- Attend and support food shows as requested.
- Continually work to procure items not currently being sourced through the Corporate program.
- Practice good organizational skills and time management.
- Perform general duties as requested by upper management.
- Food service background and broad knowledge of food products helpful.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Requires much time on the telephone. Must have clear communication skills. Limited writing and e-mail usage equivalent to a 12th grade education.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply proportions of practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, written and oral.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have good organizational skills and the ability to deal with new and unusual situations. Ability to use personal computer.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must be registered with the Florida State Department of Agriculture Market Enforcement Branch to buy and sell produce.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Salinas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time