Company: Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Location: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio, 2665 Tracy Road, Northwood, OH 43619
Monday – Friday ¨ First Shift ¨ Full-time position ¨ $14.00/hour starting wage
Be a part of a dynamic organization by working for one of Sysco’s specialty meat companies where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and freshness.
We offer vacation/sick time, medical/dental benefits, a generous 401K plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, product discounts, and more!
In this fast-paced environment, you will be receiving, selecting, loading, and shipping product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives product at dock, checks purchase orders for accuracy, and checks condition or pallets and product
- Selects product from the warehouse and brings into the production room; weighs product and records product weight
- Transports product to staging/loading area to be shipped; may need to restack product by hand or shrink wrap pallets to make sure loads are stable; loads staged product onto outbound trailers
- Package and re-box product
- Reading, writing and basic math skills needed
- Ability to be licensed to operate Power Industrial Equipment and high-reach forklift
- Ability to recognize when wrong product is pulled
- Use of barcode reader to move product
- High attention to detail
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products and for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA)
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to work safely with machinery
- Able to stand 8+ hours
- Ability to lift repetitively, 50 pounds
- Standing, stooping, bending and reaching are regular activities
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform requirements of the position
- Able to work in a cold/wet environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat and Seafood of Ohio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time