Company: Guest Supply
Location: US-OH-Grove City
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all inside sales associates on their team and ensures their clear understanding of the company vision and mission statement. This position staffs and directs inside sales staff as direct reports (inside sales territory managers, inside sales supervisors, and/or sales development specialist). The Manager, Inside Sales provides leadership, strategic planning, training and monitoring for all sales activities to ensure the team achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with the company vision and goals. This leader establishes plans and jointly builds strategies with their direct superior (VP, Customer Experience & Sales) to increase sales revenues from current clients and new client acquisitions. The Manager, Inside Sales oversees the training and educational programs. This role requires participation in major client presentations and discussions to ensure best in class customer service. This position will be key in the transformation and accelerated growth of the inside sales team.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Establish and jointly build strategic plans with VP, Cutomer Experience & Sales to increase sales revenues from current clients and new client acquisitions.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for assigned region and territories.
- Project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new properties.
- Ensure that rolling forecasts are managed by Inside Sales Territory Manager.
- Participate in client presentations and discussions to ensure best in class customer service.
- Work directly with inside sales team. Monitor associates’ sales calls, provide feedback and coach accordingly.
- Direct planning and development of Inside Sales team (management & associates) and establishment of goals for their performance. Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback on progress towards goals. Coach and develop management in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Counsel and direct management on handling employee relations, staffing, disciplinary actions and maintaining a positive work environment. Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement. Determine staffing requirements and participate in selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary. Promote continuous training and development of associates.
- Work with all operating divisions that support the sales organization to create and ensure a collaborative work environment.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new properties and ensuring that rolling forecasts are planned from the ISTM.
- Regularly communicate performance expectations including planning requirements, sales goals and reporting.
- Reassign accounts as necessary.
- Establish time and place for sales meetings and conference calls.
- Oversee training and educational programs. Coordinate vendor training sessions as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 3 - 5 years of sales management experience in the B2B market segment. Hospitality industry preferred.
- 2 - 3 years field sales experience. Hospitality industry preferred.
- Experience managing an inside sales team is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization. Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
- Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, including pricing and forecasting.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Goal-oriented and driven self-starter who can work independently within a team environment and strives to the best.
- Computer literacy that includes maintaining a customer database, Internet navigation and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Familiarity with Phocas, Gforce, SharePoint, Salesforce.com and PeopleSoft a plus.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Normal Office Environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, limited travel may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, vendor fairs and client appointments.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business and customer needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time