Company: FreshPoint Nashville
Zip Code: 37210
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
Basic Job Concept:
Assist in efficiently delivering produce to customers, rotating their coolers if applicable, following safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assisting in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product, pulling orders and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
1. One year delivery or warehouse experience prefered.
2. Knowledge of the geographical area preferred.
1. Assists driver on route; meeting or exceeding designated route times.
2. Assists driver with the rotation of coolers for customers in confined spaces.
3. Handle company equipment properly, follow written procedures.
4. Report accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
5. Assist in shipping and loading trucks for afternoon routes and palletize product.
6. Follow all PWMs as designated by position.
7. Assists with the upkeep of vehicles at end of shift- clean cab and box.
8. Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor.
9. Perform other duties requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
2. Ability to work the scheduled shift, including weekends and overtime, if needed
3. Proven ability to effectively communicate in English and perform simple arithmetic.
4. Must have F endorsement on license, or obtain within 30 days in position.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
1. Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
2. Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
3. Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
4. Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
5. Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
6. Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
7. Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
8. Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time