Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
The purpose of this position is to fulfill responsibilities as both a Driver and Inbound/Outbound Selector within our Warehouse. This individual will also perform inbound/outbound selector responsibilities within our warehouse. Responsibilities will include operating a stand up and electric pallet jack and selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, labeling product using SOS label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner. This individual will deliver and unload various products for Sysco Newport Meat customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
This is a warehouse order selector position with back up delivery driver duties. Main duties responsible for daily warehouse functions driving Class B truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Fulton customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Company Safety Preferred Work Methods. Early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product up/down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Fulton policies and procedure.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required
Order Selector Responsibilities:
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Assist in assuring the efficient and correct order fulfillment and loading of route trucks, by selecting and palletizing products that are itemized on pick ticket.
- Weighs and marks items on ticket and loads truck as directed.
- Daily job functions include but not limited to: Receiving, Loading , Unloading, Stretch Wrapping, Put Product Away, Order Selecting, Scanning, Palletizing, Invoicing, Labeling, and Rebox Product
- Stocks items in freezers and coolers.
- Assure proper rotation of product.
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver License with a “clean” driving record
- Possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Previous experience in local food or beverage delivery
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time