Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
Area Director of Operations
As Sysco Specialty Meat and Seafood Group grows, we are looking for top talent to strategically lead the Central Area’s Operations function. The Central Area is comprised of 5 US and 3 Canada based processing facilities.
The Area Director of Operations in the Central will report to SSMG’s VP of North American Operations, and will be responsible for the following within several meat and seafood production/distribution companies:
- Development of operations personnel to be able to successfully fill key leadership roles;
- Operations process management, development and implementation;
- Policy development and implementation;
- Cost management and Area analysis of costs;
- Expense and performance goal setting;
- Implementation and maintenance of solid accountability practices;
- Coordination and collaboration with Corporate, Area and Operating Company Leadership to establish and improve alignment with overall goals and objectives to increase operating performance.
In order to be successful in this role, you must possess a high level of proficiency in each of Sysco’s Leadership Framework Competencies:
- Integrity and Accountability
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Shaping the Future:
- Leading Change
- Building Alignment
Delivering Business Results
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Driving Results
- Understanding Your Customers
- Collaboration with Workplace Safety and FSQA
- Developing Talent
- Valuing and Leveraging Diversity
- Building Effective Relationships
- Motivation and Empowerment
- Communication and Listening
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field is preferred.
- We will consider candidates with an appropriate combination of education and management experience in distribution, supply chain and logistics.
- Minimum of 10 years similar industry management and operational experience required.
- Experience in both Union and Non Union environments.
- Experience managing large capital projects.
- Experience with cold chain distribution management
- Manufacturing and/or production environment in a related field
- The role requires travel within the assigned Area up and to Sysco Corporate headquarters up to 80% of the time
Computer / Technical Skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of regulations/legislation and governing bodies, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, USDA, OSHA, EPA, FDA.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SSMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time