Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Responsible for building & managing regional slotting optimization analysts and program within the Facilities Planning & Optimization team. These team members would be focused on slotting optimization projects that have an impact on direct labor within our facilities. Must be able to train and develop team members, prioritize projects, as well as track and monitor savings. Must be able to build business cases for Slotting Optimization projects using data and supporting analyses. Must also be able to define and manage project scope and schedule. The goal of slotting optimization projects is to minimize selector travel, minimize replenishments & breakdowns during the receiving process and improve pallet builds in order to reduce damage,increase customer satisfaction, and reduce cost per case.Must be an excellent communicator & leader that promotes high level of engagement at each site as well as have strong technical skillset in order to build business cases for each project. Ideal candidate will be a strong technical leader that is able to manage multiple team members and site teams through change.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identification & prioritization of slotting optimization opportunities.
- Manage the continuous development, direction and process of the slotting optimization program.
- Ability to make decisions on slotting rules and develop a best practice program for all facilities.
- Manage the development and deployment of standardized regional analyst and slotting coordinator training program.
- Actively participates with team members & site during complete life cycle of a project.
- Ability to lead multiple team members through multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop project schedules using Microsoft Project or other timeline software.
- Manages the development of scorecard to monitor and track all slotting optimization projects as well as identify additional slotting related opportunities.
- Manage the development of additional tools & analytics for slotting optimization projects such as, but not limited to:
- Slot Type Optimization Tool
- Customer & Commodity Analytics
- Unit Movement & Reserve Utilization
- Selector Travel & Replenishments
- Order Analysis
- Perform analyses regarding direct labor, inventory, replenishments, and breakdowns.
- Ability to learn, use and promote continuous improvement tools such as Success Criteria, Risk Assesment, Failure Mode Effects Analysis and Commissioning.
- Manange team members through multiple phases of a slotting optimization project.
- Develop & deploy slotting maintenance program.
- Ability to act as a resource for team members on slotting decisions.
- Ability to learn slotting Optimization software, Optislot and use at expert level of proficiency.
- Ability to develop Material Flow Diagrams and related analysis.
- Develop relationships and interface with multiple internal and external departments including Finance, Information Technology, Customer Sales, Operations, Transportation, Real Estate, and other 3rd parties.
- Develop analysis and presentation standards for Slotting Optimization projects within the Facilities Planning team.
- Represent Faculties Planning team and Facilities department during internal Sysco project meetings.
- Keep informed on industry news and facility technologies
- Additional Responsibilites may include:
- Planning activities related to facility or supply chain planning.
- Planning activities related to space & capacity utilization.
- Planning activities related to automation.
- Planning activities related to Material Handling Equipment.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Facility Planning, Industrial Engineering or similar. Masters preferred, but not required.
- In lieu of degree, additional work experience is acceptable.
- 5 – 7 years preferred experience in Facility Planning, Supply Chain, Operations, Procurement or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years preferred experience in managing a team.
- 3 – 5 years required experience in Slotting, product allocation or pick path sequencing.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Project, but not required.
- Experience with SQL/VBA preferred, but not required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating, and adapting to change.
- Strong leadership & people management skills.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Strong ability to manage team members and site teams through change.
- Results oriented.
- Comfortable with a broad range of research tools and technologies, analytics and basic financial analyses.
- Professional development-oriented attitude.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Intrinsically strong and structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong execution orientation.
- Passion for finding information on innovative industry trends .
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will occasionally be required to work in the different departments of the warehouse and may be subject to freezer and cooler temperatures while completing projects.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Travel, up to 50% is required.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to travel 30-40% of the time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time