Company: FreshPoint Nashville
Zip Code: 37210
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
The order selector is responsible for pulling, packing and shipping orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Part Time Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for customer satisfaction through proper product quality, quantity, accuracy and proper loading to protect the product
· Ensure that all products are loaded on the correct vehicle in the correct sequence. All products loaded must be transported without damage
· Keep work area clean and neat at all times
· Contact the supervisor immediately if there is any doubt about the quality of product
· Read and understand inventory sheets
· Ensure that all vehicles being loaded with power equipment have wheels chocked for safety
· Strictly adhere to all safety rules
· Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
· Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Acute attention to detail
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Basic reading and writing skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school degree or equivalent preferred
· One to two years related experience, preferred
This position requires the ability to:
· Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
· Walk and bend; stand for long periods of time
· Wear appropriate safety equipment
· Wear appropriate personal protective equipment
· Work in a cooler environment – 38 degrees
A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Part Time