Company: FreshPoint Southern California
Location: US-CA-City of Industry
Zip Code: 91744
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
This is an Operations position responsible for planning and coordinating the routing schedule for
each delivery truck and performing other related duties as required.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
· Some knowledge of proper loading techniques; products lines and their dimensions sold by
FreshPoint; cubic measurement and space utilization techniques; forms, terminology, and
information related to the delivery and loading function; computer operation procedures;
necessary inter-department communications related to certain delivery and routing activities;
delivery areas assigned.
· Ability to plan and organize own work activities; analyze and disseminate numerical data;
manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical
calculations; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical,
numerical, and chronological filing activities.
Strong computer skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Class A or Class B license preferred
Roadnet experience preferred
- Plans the delivery of route to be taken by each driver in the delivery of goods and
products to FreshPoint customers.
- Determines needed stops and most precise use of available trucks to most efficiently meet delivery demands.
- Incorporates customer delivery demands in terms of unloading and delivery time into the routing schedule in an effort to most effectively and efficiently utilize the FreshPoint fleet and to reduce the cost of delivery-related expenses.
- Determines the most appropriate cubic utilization of truck space in terms of routes assigned, delivery stops, customer delivery demands, and unloading efficiency.
- Routes the cubic plan to the loading supervisor in an effort to enhance the effectiveness of the loading and delivery activities.
- Prepares loading and driver sheets showing the assigned route and ensures each driver is provided an accurate and understandable listing of stops for any particular day; updates this information by completing a weekly and master loading and driver sheet listing for use in planning and evaluation activities.
- Prepares specific request notes identifying particular loading and delivery activities as desired by customers or warranted by the delivery schedule in an effort to enhance the effectiveness of the delivery activity.
- Identifies and assigns backhaul orders to the appropriate delivery driver in an effort to ensure the backhaul is assigned to the driver delivering to that particular area.
- Updates previous day’s routes by reviewing that day’s routing sheets and noting any discrepancies or problems and adjusting the sheet for this information in an effort to enhance the efficiency of the routing and delivery activity.
- Reviews truck mileage information into the delivery tracking system for each truck that delivers out of state to provide accurate information for planning and valuation activities.
High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
Basic working knowledge of the AS400 and Teletrac/Road-Net programs strongly preferred
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive
team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and
ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against
standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and
promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to
increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate
action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and
appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when
necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10-20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment consists of both office and warehouse environments
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time